Briefing guidelines for your logo design
Whether you are looking to create an identity for a brand new business or simply refresh an existing logo, it is important to clarify what you are after in order to achieve the best result. Below are a list of questions you can use as a guideline when formulating a brief for your logo.
1. What is the primary service you provide?
2. Do you have a motto, tagline, mission statement or similar?
3. Who are your competitors and what sets you apart from them?
4. Who are your target market and how do you want to be viewed
5. What is the tone of the business?
How will you be addressing the audience in your marketing collateral? Eg serious, friendly, playful, professional etc
6. Is there an existing marketing material that you are using?
7. What will the logo be used for?
(Eg; Stationery, Brochures, Signage, Car decals, Uniforms, Website etc)
8. Preferred colour scheme and typography
Do you have any corporate colours that need to be used? Is there a style of typeface you would like to see as an option?
9. Work that you like.
Please provide any examples of logos/design you like and why.
What timeframe did you have in mind? Are there any specific deadlines?
11. Additional information
Provide any additional material that could assist with the project. Eg logos, images, documents.
12. Additional services
Do you require any additional services to complement the launch of your new logo Eg Email marketing? Letterhead and Business Card Design ?